Sherry-Tomato Vinaigrette Recipe
1 1/2 cups
This sweet, summery vinaigrette makes a thick dressing for our hearty Steak Salad, but would also be great drizzled over grilled fish or as a marinade for pork or chicken.
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon grapeseed or other neutral oil
- 1 cup cherry or pear-shaped tomatoes
- 1 medium garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium shallot, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh Italian parsley or chives
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon of the grapeseed oil in a medium frying pan over high heat. Add tomatoes and sear until the skins pucker and begin to color, about 2 minutes. (Be careful: When the tomatoes get hot, some might burst.) Add garlic and shallot and cook until slightly softened, about 1 minute more.
- 2Transfer to a blender, add vinegar, and blend on high until smooth. Slowly add remaining grapeseed oil and olive oil in a thin, steady stream, blending constantly until smooth. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and add herbs. Use immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to a week.
Copyright ©2012 CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved