New York Italian Cheesecake Recipe
This is a family recipe and is over 60 years old. I love to share it. This as you will find out is the best italian cheesecake in the world.
- 3 Packages cream cheese
- Large tub of ricotta cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 whole eggs
- 3 Tbs flour
- 1/4 cup milk or light cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 ounces deSorrano almond liquor
- preheat oven to 500 degrees
- Cream cheese should be at room temperature.
- Mix all ingredients in large bowl and mix on lowest setting for about 3 minutes. Do not smash out the lumps they are the best part.
- Put in springform pan (9 inch round should do it.)
- Put cakepan into another larger round pan about 3 inches high and add about 1-1/2 cups of water to the outside pan (make sure you put tinfoil around the pan with the batter in it so it doesnt leak)
- Bake at 500 degrees for 10 minutes no more, then drop temperature to 250 degrees and bake for one hour (depending on your oven) check for solidity with toothpick if too loose, cook at 2 minute intervals until finished.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.