Lemon/Tarragon/Cream Chicken Breasts Recipe
Easiest possible fool-proof chicken breast dinner ever. Easy enough for every day, fancy enough for company. Basically pop it in the oven and go about your business for the next 45 minutes.
- 2 skinned and boned good-quality chicken breasts, brought to almost room temperature
- 2 lemons, sliced very thin and cleared of seeds
- 1 handful of fresh tarragon, washed
- salt and pepper
- heaping tablespoon creme fraiche
- 2 pats of butter
- approximately 1/2 cup of dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon Wondra flour
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Salt and pepper the chicken breasts and place in a deepish oven-proof casserole. Top with a pat of butter on each breast.
- Place the tarragon, whole in branches, on top of the chicken. Spread the lemon slices over the top of that.Pour white wine over the whole.
- Pop into preheated oven for 45 minutes. Do not cover.
- Remove chicken to a heated platter, cover with foil and a dry kitchen towel to keep warm and moist.
- Discard tarragon. (You can add some fresh to the serving platter as a garnish.) Remove lemon slices and squeeze any remaining juice into the sauce.
- Transfer sauce to a sauce pan. Sprinkle with Wondra flour and whisk to thicken. Add creme fraiche.
- To make more than two servings, just double ingredients except creme fraiche. Too much creme fraiche will make the sauce too creamy.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.