Spanish Chorizo and Chocolate Crostini Recipe
This tasty hors d’oeuvre was created by Randy Lewis, chef at the Tavern at Lark Creek in Northern California. The flavors of the chorizo and chocolate are a surprisingly winning combination.
For the ganache:
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 ounces Ibarra Mexican chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3 ounces 63 percent extra-bitter chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- Sweet baguette
- Dry-cured Spanish chorizo, peeled and sliced 1/8 inch thick
- In a small saucepan bring cream, milk, and salt to a boil. Place remaining ingredients in a stainless steel bowl. Pour cream mixture over chocolate and let stand without stirring for 1 minute, then whisk just until combined. Refrigerate, stirring occasionally, until spreadable, about 1 to 2 hours.
- Heat the oven to 250°F. Cut a sweet baguette into thin slices and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Spread the chocolate on the crostini and top with sliced chorizo.
This recipe, while from a trusted source, may not have been tested by