Nectarine-Amaretto Sour Recipe
Stone fruit and almonds are perfect complements in savory food; here we bring that pairing together with nectarine purée and almond liqueur for a welcome update to a classic cocktail.
Game plan: The nectarine purée can be made up to 2 days ahead and refrigerated in a covered container. It makes 1/2 cup, enough for 4 cocktails.
This recipe was featured as part of our Summer Fruit Cocktails photo gallery.
For the purée:
- 1 ripe nectarine, pitted and cut into sixths
- 1 ounce Rich Simple Syrup
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 ounces amaretto
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 ounce nectarine purée
- 1 large egg white
- Dash orange bitters
- Combine nectarine, simple syrup, and lemon juice in a blender and purée until smooth. Use immediately or transfer to a container with a tightfitting lid and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Combine amaretto, lemon juice, nectarine purée, and egg white in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously until very chilled, about 30 seconds. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass and top with bitters.