- 1In a medium saucepan, bring 6 cups of water and salt to a boil over medium heat. Add shrimp, reduce to a simmer, and cook until pink, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove shrimp from the hot water and dip in a bowl of ice water. Next, peel and devein them.
- 2Add pork to the pot, cover, and cook on low to medium heat for 10 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain and let cool to room temperature. Thinly slice the pork (about 1/4 inch thick).
- 3In another pot, add 2 quarts of water and bring to a boil. Add rice noodles and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water.
For the rolls:
- 1Briefly dip one wrapper at a time in a shallow bowl of warm water until pliable. Lay wrapper on a dry surface and blot excess water with a paper towel.
- 2Place 2 shrimp on the lower center of the wrapper. Top with 2 slices of pork, some lettuce, mint leaves, noodles, and bean sprouts. Fold in the sides of the wrapper, then fold over from the bottom and roll away from you, forming a tight log. Repeat until all ingredients are used up.
- 3Cover with a damp towel or plastic wrap until ready to serve at room temperature. Consume within 2 hours.
This recipe, while from a trusted source, may not have been tested by the CHOW food team.