was part of
Food Fight: Top Chef Challenge
which ended Jun 8, 2009 12:00 PM.
See winners »
Seafood Packet Recipe
I developed this for the Top Chef recipe contest. It’s yummy. We like it best served with crusty sourdough bread and corn on the cob.
[Recipe is for one packet. Prepare one packet per person.]
- 1 TBS butter
- 1 large clove garlic, pressed
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 medium-size red onion, sliced very thinly
- 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp Thai basil, finely chopped
- 2 3-inch matchsticks of ginger
- 2 jumbo scallops
- 2 1.5-inch cubes of Chilean sea bass
- 6 mussels or 8 clams
- Preheat oven to 500º with jelly-roll sheet pan inside
- In microwave, cook butter and garlic for one minute, then add white wine to mixture.
- In the center of a large sheet of parchment paper, place one layer of onions in approximately an 8” x 5” area.
- Place scallops and sea bass lengthwise on top of onions.
- Place ginger sticks next to fish then line each side with half of shellfish,
- Top with tomatoes, basil and pour garlic/butter/wine mix over all. Season with S & P.
- Close packets by folding parchment across center till tight, and then completely, by folding sides towards center. Place on preheated sheet pan and bake for 10 minutes.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.