Tacquitos and Guacamole Recipe
My family loves Mexican food. The tacquitos you buy at the store or restaurant will usually use shredded beef. Ours are made with corned beef and green onions. You will love the difference.
- 1 can of corned beef (best when you use left over corned beef and shred it)
- 1 bunch green onions (approx. 5 or 6) chopped
- 2 doz corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 2 avacados (mashed)
- 1 4oz can chopped green chilies
- 1 sm tomatoe diced
- garlic salt to taste
- juice of one lime
- Make Guacamole by mashing avacadoes and adding green chilies, tomatoe, garlic salt and juice of one lime. Stir and set aside.
- Put corned beef in skillet with a lid, add green onions and steam on low heat until a dark red. Approximately 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat 1/3 of the oil and fry corn toritillas until pliable, 5 to 10 seconds on each side. I usually fry the whole 2 dozen.
- Place 1 tbsp. of the corned beef into the tortilla and wrap tightly, you can secure with a toothpick or fry them immediately putting seam side down and fry until crisp and then turn to continue cooking until tacquito is crisp all around.
- Serve with guacamole, and your favorite bean and rice recipe.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.