I am a college student who has always had a passion for food and recently developed a passion for cooking. I love cheap, easy meals. This is a dish I have made a number of times, but I feel like I have perfected it this time. From the moment I walked in the door to my house to the moment all cleaning was completed, only a half hour had passed. Its delicious and filling.
I’ll post a picture next time I make it since I scarfed it down before I had the chance to take a photo.
- 1Pour a bit of Olive Oil into a large saute pan. Dice up the 1/2 onion and toss it. Take a scoop of the Garlic Paste and toss it into the pan. Grind some Sea Salt and Pepper into the pan. Put on medium-low heat for now as there is more prep work (and you really can’t leave this too long since caramelized onions are delicious).
- 2Lay your 5 pieces of Bacon on a paper towel on top of a microwave safe plate then put another paper towel on top of the bacon. I set the microwave for 5 and a half minutes to cook it the way I like it.
- 3Break the three eggs into a bowl. Don’t break the yolks.
- 4Take the 2 pieces of grain bread and toast lightly in a toaster oven.
- 5Turn the saute pan up to medium-high heat and stir around the contents a bit.
- 6Cut up the White Cheddar Cheese into small cubes (that are small enough to melt).
- 7Give the onions around a minute so they brown a little, then pour in the 3 eggs on top.
- 8Once the white part of the eggs solidifies, sprinkle the Cheddar Cheese cubes around the top of the eggs. Sprinkle Salt and Pepper to taste over the eggs.
- 9Once the toast is finished, spread some mayo on the pieces and put them on a plate next to each other.
- 10I like to put a lid on the pan to help cook the clears on the eggs and melt the cheese at this point.
- 11Once the egg is cooked and the cheese is melted, drop the eggs out of the pan and onto the toast pieces.
- 12Take your finished bacon out of the microwave, break up some and put it on top of the eggs. Drizzle Sriracha over the eggs to taste. Pop the yolks and smear around. Put the rest of the bacon on your plate.
- 13Enjoy with a knife and fork!
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.