Plum Blossom Cocktail Recipe
For those who love Aperol, combining the rhubarb-and-citrus-flavored spirit with champagne is a familiar recipe. Here we pair it with tart, floral plums for a pretty cocktail that’s as light and fun as summer.
What to buy: Aperol is a slightly bitter Italian spirit that has flavors of orange and rhubarb. It can be found in high-end liquor stores. If you can’t find it, you can substitute Amaro Ramazzotti or Campari, though they tend to be more bitter than Aperol.
This recipe was featured as part of our Summer Fruit Cocktails photo gallery.
For the purée:
- 4 medium, ripe plums (about 10 ounces), pitted
- 1 1/2 ounces Rich Simple Syrup
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 8 ounces Aperol
- 1 bottle chilled brut sparkling wine
- Combine the plums, simple syrup, and lemon juice in a blender and purée until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh strainer and use immediately or refrigerate in a covered container for up to 1 day.
- Pour 1 ounce of the purée into each of 8 champagne flutes, stir 1 ounce of the Aperol into each, and divide the sparkling wine among the glasses.