was part of
Food Fight: Top Chef Challenge
which ended Jun 8, 2009 12:00 PM.
See winners »
Maple Ginger Salmon Recipe
This is such a great recipe and scales up for large crowds beautifully. Even fish haters (like me) love this dish!! The marinade cooks up in to a beautiful mahogony glaze that is not too sweet, with a slight Asian flare! Serve with roasted cauliflower and crusty bread and you have a perfect healthy meal!
- 1/4c maple syrup - best grade available
- 2Tb soy sauce
- 2tsp fresh ginger minced
- 2tsp fresh garlic minced
- 4 green onions divided
- 1 lb salmon
- Preheat oven to 400
- In a 9×13 baking dish, lightly pepper the salmon on both sides. If using low sodium soy sauce, salt the salmon to taste.
- Slice two green onions thinly, and slice the other two in to 3/4" pieces cut on the bias.
- In a non-reactive bowl or measuring cup, combine the first four ingredients and the thinly sliced green onions
- Pour the mixture over the salmon and let marinate for 20min. You may marinate for up to 30min.
- Bake salmon at 400 for 20min
- Garnish with remaining green onion
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.