Easy spicy cucumber pickles Recipe
I made this recipe by combing several easy pickle recipes by other people. I liked sweet pickles, I liked sour/salty pickles. The hot sauce was my own addition. They are very good to snack on, as an appetizer or to add to a hamburger and will keep for a while. My Mother even kept them outside the fridge and de-brined. You never know what flavors you will get when you pop one in your mouth.
- Three large cucumbers
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup Frank's red hot sauve
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- Take the cucumbers and slice them thinly, using a mandolin or large knife. Place cucumbers in a resealable freezer bag.
- Pour in the vinegar, hot sauce, sugar and salt.
- Seal and shake the bag vigorously.
- Place in refrigerator for the minimum of three hours.
- Decant and enjoy at your leisure.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.