I made this recipe by combing several easy pickle recipes by other people. I liked sweet pickles, I liked sour/salty pickles. The hot sauce was my own addition. They are very good to snack on, as an appetizer or to add to a hamburger and will keep for a while. My Mother even kept them outside the fridge and de-brined. You never know what flavors you will get when you pop one in your mouth.
- 1Take the cucumbers and slice them thinly, using a mandolin or large knife. Place cucumbers in a resealable freezer bag.
- 2Pour in the vinegar, hot sauce, sugar and salt.
- 3Seal and shake the bag vigorously.
- 4Place in refrigerator for the minimum of three hours.
- 5Decant and enjoy at your leisure.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.