was part of
Food Fight: Top Chef Challenge
which ended Jun 8, 2009 12:00 PM.
See winners »
veal chop in vinegar Recipe
My mom made this and it became our favorite dinner, it is now my sister and mine favorite comfort food
- 2 Veal chops (loin or rib)
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cloves of garlic
- Flour to coat veal chops
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup veal or beef stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coat veal chops lightly with flour that has been seasoned with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat and add the chops. Brown lightly on both sides.
- Add the vinegar and the stock. It should cover about half way up the chops. Add the garlic and put the bay leaves on top of the chops. Cover and lower to a simmer. Simmer for about 30 to 35 minutes. Turning once half way though.
- Serve with sauce on top. Remove bay leaves.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.