was part of
Food Fight: Top Chef Challenge
which ended Jun 8, 2009 12:00 PM.
See winners »
Travelling throughout the Caribbean we noticed that the simplest but tastiest meals incorporated many of the tropical fruits easily found on the islands. The flexibility of this recipe is that you can use whatever fresh (seasonally not expensive) fruits are available in your neck of the woods
- 1**Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Heat the vegetable oil in a pan while you lightly dredge the snapper in the flour and shake off all excess
- 2Sautee both sides of the snapper filets in the oil till lightly browned then discard the vegetable oil.
- 3Deglaze the pan with the fish stock and the rum and let reduce for 2-3 minutes, add the basil, orange juice and butter to thicken the sauce
- 4Plate the fish, top with the fresh fruit sauce
- 5P.S. For Variety You can use such seasonal fruit combinations as kiwi, strawberry, papaya, pear, apple, grape or peach
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.