was part of
Food Fight: Top Chef Challenge
which ended Jun 8, 2009 12:00 PM.
See winners »
Two Bit Breakfast: Bacon, Egg and Cheese Toastcups Recipe
This is an easy and great idea if you need to feed a large amount of people for breakfast. They are easy to make and everyone will love them. The bacon and toast come out crispy and the egg is deliciously creamy.
You will love these I promise.
- 12 eggs
- 12 slices of toast
- 12 slices of bacon
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray muffin pan with butter non-
- Using a cookie cutter, cut circles out of bread slices about 3 inches in diameter.
- Take bread circles and press them into the muffin pan, set aside.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high. Cook bacon on the skillet for 5 minutes. You want the bacon partially cooked but still “streachy”.
- Shape bacon strips into the toast cups, fill with 1 Tbs of shredded cheese. Place in the oven for 5 minutes, allowing the bacon to toast just a little more. Remove from oven
- Crack your egg and separate out about 1/2 of the egg white. Drop eggs into the cups, sprinkle with salt & pepper to taste. Place back in the oven and cook until white begins to set, about another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven when done and pop out using a spoon, serve warm.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.