Apricot-Whiskey Smash Recipe
This not-too-sweet concoction flavored with apricots and herbs is a nice change of pace for Mojito or Julep fans. The fruit gives the drink a fair amount of body, but it’ll also help you sip slowly and enjoy the lackadaisical days of summer.
What to buy: Look for ripe apricots, to impart as much flavor as possible. If apricots aren’t looking good, you can substitute 1 peach or nectarine.
This recipe was featured as part of our Summer Fruit Cocktails recipe slideshow.
- 2 medium apricots, pitted and quartered
- 3 medium fresh mint leaves
- 1 ounce Cointreau
- 1/4 to 1/2 ounce Rich Simple Syrup (depending on how ripe the apricots are)
- 1/8 medium lemon
- 2 ounces rye whiskey
- Combine the apricots, mint, Cointreau, and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker and muddle until the apricots are broken up but not pulverized.
- Squeeze the lemon into the shaker, add the whiskey, and fill three-quarters of the way with ice. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds, strain into an ice-filled rocks glass, and serve.