Orange-Spiced Nuts Recipe
I forget where I found this recipe, but I’ve had it for years and years. Always something that I’m required to ship to my brother at Christmastime. My sister-in-law says they’re gone within 48 hours!
- 1 12-oz. can mixed salted nuts
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp dried grated orange peel
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper -- (cayenne)
- In a 2-quart glass measure or bowl, combine nuts, sugar, margarine, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook on HIGH in microwave for 5-6 minutes until nuts are browned, stirring twice during cooking. Stir in orange peel and ground red pepper and mix well.
- Spread on cookie sheet lined with foil to completely cool, stirring once or twice while cooling to break up nuts.
- NOTES : I usually buy the extra large cans of Planters mixed nuts at BJ’s Wholesale Club – that makes about 2 1/2 batches of this recipe.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.