I’ve been on a quest this week for gluten-free dairy-free twinkies and after several attempts (make that 7) I seem to have come up with a good approximation of this infamous Hostess treat.
Please visit the original recipe for the gluten free dairy free twinkie filling!
- 1In a large bowl, whip egg whites to stiff peaks, then set aside
- 2In a medium bowl, whip egg yolks until pale yellow, then whip in grapeseed oil and agave
- 3Whip vanilla and lemon juice into egg yolk mixture
- 4In a medium bowl combine coconut flour, baking soda and salt
- 5Blend flour mixture into egg yolk mixture, then whip ingredients together until smooth
- 6Gently fold egg whites into yolk-flour mixture
- 7Spoon batter into Twinkie molds until they are half full (you will get 8 twinkies)
- 8Bake at 350° for 11-12 minutes
- 9Remove from oven and allow Twinkies to cool
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.