We recently attended “Frittatas, Stratas and More” at Williams-Sonoma and had strata for the first time I can recall. Their recipe for Strata with Asparagus, Sausage and Fontina was really good, but I wanted to try my own version at home—and didn’t need to serve 12 people (16 eggs, 6 cups of milk, 4 cups of cheese)! So I pared down their recipe and used different meats and vegetables to make it my own. Just baked it first thing this morning and we each had two portions. What a tasty way to start the day! I prepped this yesterday morning and left it in the fridge to bake today.| by kattyeyes
- 1Beat eggs and milk in a large bowl.
- 2Add shredded cheese and Sunny Paris.
- 3Stir ciabatta cubes into egg mixture.
- 4Steam broccoli for approximately 2 minutes, then set aside.
- 5Sautée pancetta in small amount of olive oil. Add shallots and continue to sautée until they are somewhat golden.
- 6Add mushrooms and continue to cook for a few minutes till mushrooms are no longer white.
- 7Stir pancetta/shallot/mushroom mixture into egg/bread mixture, then add broccoli.
- 8Pour ingredients into a buttered 9" square baking dish. Sprinkle top of strata with additional shredded cheddar (I used less than 1/4 cup)—just a touch!
- 9Refrigerate for at least four hours or overnight.
- 10Bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 50 minutes or till top is lightly golden and eggs are set.
- 11Let stand 10 minutes prior to serving.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.