These lightly sweetened, gluten free carrot muffins are made with high fiber coconut flour. They make a great addition to any brunch menu, though especially one for a healthy Mother’s Day breakfast or brunch.
Don’t let all that healthy stuff scare you off though, they’re mighty tasty. And with yacon sweetening them, they’re not too sweet. If you want to replace the yacon with agave your muffin will be just a bit sweeter. I tried making them both ways and preferred the yacon version.
- 1In a medium bowl, combine coconut flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon
- 2In a large bowl, blend together eggs, oil, yacon and vanilla
- 3Blend dry ingredients into wet, then fold in carrots and currants
- 4Grease a mini muffin tin with grapeseed oil and then dust with coconut flour
- 5Spoon approximately 1 teaspoon of batter into each greased mini muffin cup
- 6Bake at 350° for 10 minutes
- 7Cool and serve
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.