Hummus with chipotle and smoked paprika Recipe
This hummus turns out just the way I like it every time. I think you’ll love how the distinct smoky flavors of chipotle and pimenton (smoked paprika) balance with the lemon juice and other elements. Hummus is easy to make, difficult to make well. This reliable recipe, adapted from a few different sources, achieves that elusive balance and great flavor.
- 1 15-oz can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 3 Tbsp juice of lemon
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- scant 1/2 tsp spicy smoked paprika (pimenton - cannot subst. regular paprika)
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- dash of ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 a small chipotle, no additional adobo
- chopped cilantro, to taste
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and keep blending until smooth.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.