Unique but addictive cookies. The version here is the latest, and so far, most definitive one I have made, but requires another somewhat hard-to-find ingredient, mesquite flour.
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Sift flours, baking soda, salt, and spices in a bowl.
- 3In another bowl, combine sugars, butter and egg. Beat for 2 minutes on high speed. Then add the vanilla.
- 4Stir in flour and spice mixture until combined.
- 5Make cookies using 2 Tbsp of batter for each, spreading 2 inches apart.
- 6Bake for 9-10 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.