Grilled Chicken Sausages with Peach-Sage Skewers
Summer fruit and herbs complement grilled sausages, for a simple combo you’ll be serving over and over again.
Game plan: If you’re using wooden skewers, soak them in warm water for 30 minutes beforehand, so they don’t burn on the grill.
Read more about grilling.
- 6 (10-inch) metal or wooden skewers
- 6 medium ripe peaches, pitted and quartered
- 24 medium sage leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Oil, for prepping the grill
- 6 chicken sausages
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1Heat a grill pan or outdoor grill to medium (about 350°F). Meanwhile, alternately thread 4 peach quarters and 4 sage leaves on each skewer. Season well with salt and pepper.
- 2Rub the grill with a towel dipped in oil and place the skewers and sausages on the grill. Cook, uncovered and turning occasionally, until the peaches are charred and soft and the sausages are cooked through, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- 3Remove from the grill, drizzle cider vinegar over the peaches, and serve immediately.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved