Flourless Chocolate Banana Cake Recipe
Here’s another flourless cake for those looking for an alternative to almond flour or in search of a nut-free recipe. My husband and older son loved this fruity chocolate cake. I was thinking that with a nice strawberry frosting this cake would make a delicious banana split type dessert.
This gluten-free, grain-free cake is quick and easy. You’ll just want to make sure that your bananas are quite ripe to ensure its sweetness. If you can do dairy, this cake would be delicious with a dollop of whipped cream.
- 3 large eggs, separated
- ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- ½ cup agave nectar
- ¼ cup grapeseed oil
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 bananas)
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- In a blender, whip eggs, agave and salt on medium for 1-2 minutes
- Add grapeseed oil and mashed banana and blend for another minute or two
- Blend in cocoa powder
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan and pour batter into pan
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.