This is my favorite Carrot Cake Recipe. It is full of flavor and moist without being mushy. Grate the carrots in the largest setting of the grater. Pair this cake with Cream Cheese Frosting recipe and you will find it hard not to have another slice.
Recipes and more at make-fabulous-cakes.com
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare two 9” pans or one 12” cake pan or one 9”x 13” sheet pan by lining with parchment or wax paper.
- 2Mix together in a bowl together flour,baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 3In a bigger bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, sugars, and vanilla for about minute or so.
- 4Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix for about 2 minutes more.
- 5Add the grated carrots. Then add nuts and raisins if desired.
- 6Pour batter in prepared cake pans and bake for approx. 45 to 50 minutes. Test for doneness by inserting a skewer, it should be dry when taken out. Cool then fill and frost with cream cheese frosting. Garnish with more nuts.
- 7To make the cream cheese frosting: a bowl beat together cream cheese and butter until creamy. Add in icing sugar and beat for a minute. Add vanilla. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat for another minute.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.