Tiramisu Dip Recipe
By turning tiramisu into a dip, you skip all the hassle of making the traditional trifle without losing any of the flavor. We liked strawberries and various cookies as dipping instruments, but the dip could also be spooned into individual cups with a few ladyfingers for a quick, elegant dessert.
Game plan: The dip can be made up to 2 days in advance and refrigerated in a covered container.
This recipe was featured as part of our story on summer dips.
- 12 ounces mascarpone cheese (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brewed espresso
- 2 tablespoons Marsala or Kahlúa
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup finely chopped bittersweet chocolate
- Place mascarpone in a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment and whip on low speed until smooth, about 30 seconds. Add ricotta, sugar, espresso, and Marsala or Kahlúa. Increase speed to high and beat until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a shallow 1-quart serving dish and dust with cocoa powder, then sprinkle chopped chocolate over cocoa. Serve with strawberries or assorted cookies.