- 1Combine the flour, salt, oatmeal, flour, butter, and cheese in the bowl of a food processor and process until the mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs.
- 2Transfer to a bowl, add the water, and mix until a soft dough forms. Form the dough into a ball and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- 3Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 4Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface.
- 5Cut pastry into six 4-inch rounds, line six individual tarts pans with the pastry, prick the bottoms, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 6Bake until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, combine onions and vinegar. Cover with wax paper and lid. Cook gently for 30 minutes.
- 8Remove paper and lid, add the honey, and cook until the liquid has nearly evaporated and the onions are caramelized. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 9In a small bowl, mash the blue cheese with a fork and blend with the yogurt.
- 10To serve, remove pastry from tart pans and place in the center of a warmed serving plate.
- 11With a slotted spoon, fill each with enough red onion mixture to cover base.
- 12Place a spoonful of blue cheese mixture on top. Drizzle with reduced balsamic vinegar and garnish with a sprig of fresh chervil.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.