This roasted asparagus recipe adds a deeper flavor compared to the usual method of poaching your asparagus. Just toss the asparagus in the oven to cook alongside fish or chicken, and dinner is served.
This dish was featured as part of our Recipes for Spring Ingredients photo gallery.
- 2 pounds asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1Heat the oven to 450°F and arrange a rack in the upper third.
- 2On a baking sheet, toss the asparagus with the olive oil until evenly coated. Arrange in a single layer and season with salt and pepper.
- 3Roast for 5 minutes, shake the pan, then roast until just tender when pierced with a knife, about 5 minutes more.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved