Basic Roasted Asparagus Recipe
4 to 6 servings
Poaching may be the tried and true method for cooking asparagus, but roasting adds a deeper flavor. Just toss the asparagus in the oven to cook alongside fish or chicken, and dinner is served.
This dish was featured as part of our Recipes for Spring Ingredients photo gallery.
- 2 pounds asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 450°F and arrange a rack in the upper third.
- On a baking sheet, toss the asparagus with the olive oil until evenly coated. Arrange in a single layer and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 5 minutes, shake the pan, then roast until just tender when pierced with a knife, about 5 minutes more.
Copyright ©2012 CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved