- 1 lb/454 Gr potatoes
- 1 lb/454 Gr kale (cabbage may be substituted)
- Onion, or leek or scallion (green onion)
- 1/4 cup milk
- Butter, salt and pepper
- Peel and boil the potatoes
- Chop the kale or cabbage fairly small, discarding the large stems.
- Steam until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Gently saute the onion (if desired) until golden but not too brown.
- Mash the potatoes well, and mix with the kale and onion. Add the milk (not too much, until moistened but not wet), and the butter, salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in a medium oven for about 15 minutes.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.