The Perfect Pot Roast Recipe
You will not be disappointed, this comes out juicy & delicious! A wonderful main course.
Pairs well with white beans.
- pork loin roast, tied (the butcher will do this for you)
- fennel seed
- red pepper flacks, to taste
- rind of half a lemon, chopped
- olive oil
- white wine
- Combine all ingredients (except the meat) and form a paste. Food processor, mortar & pestle or a small food chopper will work, you can also do it by hand.
- Transfer above mixture into a bowl & add a glug or two of olive oil so the paste is spreadable.
- Work paste into meat evenly & refrigerate over night or at least 6 hours.
- When ready to cook preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Generously salt the meat & place in a roasting pan.
- Roast for the first 15 minutes at 425 degrees, remove from oven. Add a 3/4 cup of white wine
- Then return to oven & lower to 350 degrees cooking for about 15 minutes per pound,or until juices run clear.
- Baste the meat once or twice during cooking.
(If the top starts getting too brown, cover for the last bit. If liquid at the bottom of the pan cooks out, add a little water.)
- Once cooked, allow roast to sit for a few minutes. Remove string & slice thinly. Use the pan juices as a sauce.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.