Ginger-Wasabi Salmon and Sweet Potato Skewers Recipe
Low fat and full of nutrition!
- 1 cup low sodium teriyaki sauce 4 Tablespoons wasabi powder 1 Tablespoon fresh crushed garlic 4 Tablespoons grated fresh ginger 1 1/2 lb sockeye salmon fillets, cubed 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar Freshly ground black pepper, to taste Sea salt, to taste
- 8 bamboo skewers soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
- 8 cups Mesclun greens (or other salad greens) 2 cups fresh blackberries 1 cup crumbled low fat feta cheese
- Prepare a gas or charcoal grill for medium-high direct heat cooking, or heat an oven broiler to medium high. Whisk together teriyaki sauce, wasabi powder, garlic, and ginger in a medium bowl. Add salmon and marinate 20-30 minutes.
- While salmon marinates, add 2 tablespoons olive oil to a non-stick skillet. Add sweet potatoes and saute over medium heat, turning frequently, until lightly browned and tender-cooked. Set aside to cool. Whisk together remaining olive oil, balsamic vinegar, freshly ground black pepper and sea salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Remove salmon from marinade and alternate salmon and sweet potato cubes on skewers. Grill or broil skewers, basting liberally with marinade, until sweet potatoes are fully cooked and salmon is cooked to desired degree of doneness.
- Toss mesclun greens in reserved olive oil and balsamic dressing and coat thoroughly. Divide greens evenly on 4 plates and top each with 2 salmon & sweet potato skewers. Sprinkle greens with blackberries and feta cheese, and serve immediately.
- Really nice served with brown rice or whole wheat soba noodles
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.