Pachae (파채)- Seasoned Green Onions Recipe
Seasoned green onions go well with many dishes, both Korean and non Korean. Mix this up and serve with Korean Grilled Meats, or your favorite grill or BBQ recipe.
- 8 to 10 medium green onions
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon rice wine
- 1/2 tablespoon water
- Mix all seasoning sauce ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and let stand at room temperature for 1/2 hour.
- Trim root and any discolored leaves from the green onion.
- Cut the green onions into 1 1/2 to 2 inch lengths, then sliver each section.
- Rinse slivered onion in cold running water, then drain.
- Mix green onion into the seasoning sauce and let stand about fifteen minutes.
- Chill and serve.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.