Spaghetti with Gaeta Olive Sauce Recipe
Super simple to prepare, this pasta dish requires no more out of you than to boil the water for pasta and chop some staple ingredients that are an arms reach away in your pantry.
- 1 cup Gaeta olives, pitted
- 1/4 cup Non Pareil Capers, drained
- 1/4 cup Pine Nuts
- 3/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot pepper flakes
- 1 lb Spaghetti
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Chop the olives, capers, and pine nuts very fine.
- In a large serving bowl toss the chopped ingredients with the olive oil and pepper flakes.
- Set aside.
- Meanwhile bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook until al dente, stirring occasionally.
- Drain the pasta, reserve 1 cup of the pasta water.
- Add the pasta to the cold olive sauce and toss to coat, adding some reserved pasta water if needed to moisten.
- Serve the pasta hot and sprinkle parmesan on top.
- Tips to pitting an olive: to easily pit any olive use the same technique as you would to crack away garlic from its skin.
- Using a large chef’s knife turned flat on its side and keeping one hand on the handle, place an olive under the flat side of the blade and pound with a clenched fist.
- The olive should crack away from the pit easily.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.