Lemony Fried Egg Brown Rice Recipe
I was about to make a boring old brown rice / kale / soy sauce type of thing for dinner – and I was out of tofu but dying for protein – when somehow inspiration struck to use the greek egg soup flavors of lemon along with egg. I’ve made this twice and I’m downright addicted to it!
- 1/2 cup short brown rice
- 1 or 2 eggs
- a green vege (broccoli or kale)
- olive oil
- garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper
- 1 fresh lemon
- Put 1/2 c brown rice in a pan with 1 c water and bring to a boil, then let it simmer.
- Once the rice water is about half absorbed, toss in the kale or broccoli
- Fry garlic in olive oil and throw the eggs in to fry.
- When the rice is done, squeeze lemon over it.
- Chop up the egg and toss it with the rice and veges. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.