Chicken traditionally prepared in the Baeckeoffen Recipe
Gourmandia Recipe from Famous 3 stars Michelin Chef : Antoine Antoine Westermann
Restaurant Name: Restaurant Buerehiesel
- 1 chicken (approximately 2.2 pounds, emptied and prepared)
- 0.6 cup Alsatian white wine
- 1.4 cups chicken trussing
- 1.1 lbs. potatoes (BF 15)
- 0.9 lbs. artichokes
- 0.3 lbs. small onions
- 1 oz. butter
- Very important: You have to hermetically close the terrine. Prepare a dough ahead of time using flour, warm water (to make the dough elastic) and an egg. Thus, you can easily stretch it over the edge of the terrine.
- Before starting, make sure to have prepared the preserved lemon, because this requires between 6 to 8 hours.
- First of all, prune the tomatoes. Then, cut them into quarters. The garlic must simply be peeled. Put the small artichokes in a frying pan with a little oil. Do the same with the grated potatoes in order to colour them lightly. In doing so, you obtain much more taste than by letting them crude.
- Now, salt the chicken with some salt. Then add pepper. Distribute the potatoes and artichokes around the chicken. Add the small onions, the cloves of garlic and the tomato. Dispose all this around the fowl, according to your own taste, remembering the preserved lemon and the two rosemary culms. Add the equivalent of a good glass of Alsatian white wine, the same quantity of fowl stock and, last but not least, the fowl gravy. Close the terrine with a lid. Wrap the dough once around it.
- After 50 minutes, take it out of the oven and detach the dough. The dish is ready to be served!
- To make it easy, watch this recipe on video at : http://lifestyle.gourmandia.com/recipes.php?vid=chicken-traditionally-prepared-in-the-baeckeoffen#
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.