Pastry chef Emily Luchetti of San Francisco’s Waterbar shared this elegant dessert with us.
- 1Make a brown butter with the butter.
- 2Sift together the flour, confectioner’s sugar and the salt. Whisk together the eggs, egg yolk and the milk. Add to the dry ingredients.
- 3Whisk in the brown butter.
- 4In a 6 inch nonstick skillet with 1 ounce of batter for each crepe, make 12 crepes.
For the filling:
- 1Mix together all the ingredients. Place a tablespoon in the middle of 12 crepes. Fold into quarters.
For the orange beurre blanc:
- 1Reduce the orange juice and sugar by half. Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter a nugget at a time. Sauce should not break. Add salt. Keep warm in a Bain Marie until ready to serve.
- 1Warm the crepes briefly in the oven. Spoon some orange beurre blanc in the middle of each of 6 plates. Place two crepes on top. Spoon strawberries over the crepes. Serve immediately.
This recipe, while from a trusted source, may not have been tested by the CHOW food team.