Lemon-Oregano Roasted Potatoes Recipe
Adding liquid to the beginning of the roasting process results in the best of all potato possibilities: As the potato wedges cook, they soak up the lemon juice, olive oil, and water, making them soft and fluffy on the inside. And once the liquid has evaporated, they start to roast, giving them a brown, crispy crust on the outside. Try them for breakfast with our Spinach and Feta Scramble or for dinner with a steak and a salad.
This recipe was featured as part of our Oh, Crap! It’s Mother’s Day! menu.
- 4 large russet potatoes, cut lengthwise into sixths
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons lightly packed lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 450°F and arrange a rack in the middle. Place potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Add all remaining ingredients and toss to coat potatoes.
- Bake until potatoes are well browned and crispy on all sides, turning halfway through, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.