Roasted Chicken with Olives and Prunes (Gluten Free Chicken Marbella) Recipe
Chicken Marbella is a classic dish that some say is the finest to ever come out of The Silver Palate Cookbook. To make it a bit easier, I decided to adapt the recipe, reducing the marinating time and roasting a whole chicken instead of chicken parts.
This festive dish would be great for the Passover Seder with its complex blend of flavors. In fact, this is what I’m going to be serving to our guests. Along with Gluten Free Matzoh Ball Soup, of course.
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 cup pitted green olives
- 1 cup pitted prunes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 clove pressed garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ tablespoons agave nectar
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry
- Place the chicken breast side up in a pyrex baking dish, then sprinkle with salt
- In a large bowl, combine the olives, prunes, oregano, capers, bay leaves, garlic, olive oil, agave, apple cider vinegar and water
- Spread the contents of the bowl in the dish around the chicken
- Bake at 425° for 20 minutes
- Lower heat to 375° and continue to roast the chicken until it is cooked through, about 40 minutes
- Remove from oven and serve
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.