Everyone loves this dish – even if they don’t think they like lentils. It light & fresh – perfect for early spring all through summer!
- 1In a pot, place lentils, 1/2 yellow onion & garlic cloves with skin removed.
- 2Cover lentils with water. Bring to a boil, reduce flame & simmer for 25-35 minutes until lentils are tender–BUT NOT MUSHY.
- 3It might be necessary to add a little more water during cooking process as lentils absorb the water.
- 4When lentils are tender drain. Pick out onions & garlic, discard.
- 5Peel cucumber, slice lengthwise & remove seeds. Dice into small pieces about the size of a lentil. Dice the red onion to the same size as well. Chop parsley & mint. When lentils are cool, combine with above ingredients.
- 6Juice the lemon & combine with double the amount of olive oil (1 part lemon juice/2 parts olive oil) and dress salad. Season with salt & pepper.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.