Spiked Pineapple Agua Fresca
An agua fresca is nothing more than fruit blended with sugar, water, and a squeeze of citrus; this refreshing drink is served throughout Mexico, at both street carts and restaurants. We decided to replace the water with rum, creating a cocktail that throws you into vacation mode with just one sip.
This recipe was featured as part of our Cinco de Mayo cocktail menu.
- 3 pounds pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into large chunks
- 2 cups white rum
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons lime juice (from about 2 medium limes)
- 1Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth (you’ll have to do this in batches). Transfer the agua fresca to a large pitcher or punch bowl.
- 2Chill until ready to drink. Serve over ice.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved