Put your leftover whole roasted chicken to use in this classic filling for a Chicken Pot Pie. Or just serve over noodles with a side of vegetables for a quick, comforting weeknight meal.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/2 stick)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 cups cooked chicken, medium dice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1Melt butter over medium-low heat in a large saucepan or frying pan until foaming. Sprinkle in flour while constantly whisking, and cook until raw flavor is gone, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- 2Slowly add broth, whisking constantly until mixture is smooth. Add milk and again whisk until smooth. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat, add chicken and vinegar, and stir to coat. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved