It’s amazing what you can do without any flour! I made this purple chocolate cake using beets. Being “Deceptively Delicious” I fooled my husband. While my children are game to eat pretty much anything I make, my husband is known as the “picky” eater around here.
- 1In a medium saucepan, heat the beets and agave to a boil
- 2Reduce to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes, until beets are soft
- 3Transfer beet-agave mixture to a blender and puree on highest speed until smooth
- 4Blend in eggs, oil, vanilla, almond extract, cocoa and salt until thoroughly incorporated
- 5Pour batter into a well greased 9-inch cake pan
- 6Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean
- 7Cool and serve
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.