Blue Cheese Olives Balls Recipe
This is a fun quick classic, I like to use blue or gorgonzola rather than cheddar and love to try the olive or anchovy stuffed olives for a change. Can be made ahead and frozen, then just bake and serve. Doesn’t have to be served hot, but like at least warm if possible.
Still a favorite.
- 1 cup gorgonzola crumbles
- 1 cup bisquick
- 5 oz of anchovy, onion or pimento stuffed green olives
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 dash of each cayenne and Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Mix the bisquick, butter, cheese, cayenne, Worcestershire and pepper and make a crust.
- Drain the olives and pat dry. This is important for the crust to stick on the olives. Heat the oven to 400 and preheat while you make the balls. Form small balls and make an indentation and insert the olive. Use your hand to round the crust around the olive. Bake on a ungreased baking sheet for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Serve and enjoy!
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.