Italian Deli Blowout Sandwich Recipe
Imagine if everything at your local Italian deli jumped onto a roll. This packed-to-the-brim sandwich has meat, cheese, veggies, and pickled stuff, and makes for a seriously satisfying meal.
Game plan: The red pepper mayonnaise can be made up to 2 days ahead and refrigerated in a covered container.
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped roasted red pepper
- 1 (12-inch) sweet baguette, split in half lengthwise and toasted
- 1/4 cup baby arugula
- 1 ounce thinly sliced mild coppa
- 1 ounce thinly sliced Genoa salami
- 1 ounce thinly sliced soppressata
- 4 ounces low-moisture mozzarella, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 5 quarters marinated artichoke hearts
- Place mayonnaise and red pepper in a small bowl and stir until well combined.
- Spread red pepper mayonnaise on the bottom slice of the bread, then layer half of the arugula on top. Place coppa, salami, and soppressata on top of the arugula. Top with mozzarella, marinated artichoke hearts, and remaining arugula. Close, cut in half, and serve.