Red Pepper, Spinach and Corn Fritata Recipe
This can be breakfast, lunch or dinner. I use frozen corn but by all means use fresh if available, sweet red peppers and frozen spinach. I love fresh, but honestly, frozen is just fine for this.
A great easy dinner or a wonderful Sunday brunch
- 1 cup corn
- 6 eggs beaten
- 1 package of frozen spinach, drained
- 1 small onion diced fine
- 1 large red pepper cut in thin strips
- 3 tablespoons of milk or cream
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 stick of butter
- Preheat your oven to 350. Why that heats up melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a oven proof pan (I like my cast iron for this). Add the pepper, onion and spices until soft just a few minutes, then add the corn and spinach and cook another 2-3 minutes until all heated well.
- Remove and let cool in a bowl off to the side. Then beat your eggs and mix with the milk, vinegar and a little more salt and pepper. Add the eggs to the vegetable mix. Important to let the vegetables cool a bit.
- Add the other 2 tablespoons of butter to the pan and put the mixture in, cook over low stirring with a fork until slightly set about 10 minutes if that. Then bake at 350 for an addition 5-10 minutes until eggs are set. The last couple of minutes I like to top with fresh goat cheese
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.