Roasted Beets with Pear, Apple and Arugula Recipe
This is a great easy salad which uses winter vegetables and fruits and turns salad into something totally unique.
- 2 large beets roasted and chopped
- 1 small onion thin sliced and roasted
- 1 small bunch of fresh arugula
- 1 bosc pear thin sliced
- 1 granny smith apple thin sliced
- Balsamic vinaigrette: Make your own or use store bought
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dry Italian seasoning
- 1 pinch of sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Gorgonzola crumbles to garnish
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Get a large sheet of foil and put the beet on and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast at 425 for about 40 minutes.
On the same pan cut your onion in slices and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper
- The onion will be done first, so remove and set aside. After the beets are done, remove and cool. The skin should peel right off. Dice and set aside with the onions.
- If making your own vinaigrette, mix the balsamic, olive oil, sugar and seasoning.
- Slice the pears and the apple and toss with the arugula, add the beets and onion and toss with the vinaigrette. Add the gorgonzola and top with the pecans.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.