Sauted Cannellini Beans with Garlic Recipe
The most simple quick side dish to accompany a steak, roast, pork, or just about anything. Cans of cannellini, some herbs and nothing more.
It is hearty and satisfying and 5 minutes to the table.
- 2 cans cannellini beans
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons roasted garlic (or less if you don't like that much garlic) Now I get my roasted garlic from the grocery store or you can roast my own. But this is a quick 5 minute dish so I take advantage of the pre roasted garlic when needed. Sometimes I roast mine on the weekend and have some left. So please use whatever you like
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme chopped fine
- 1 large shallot diced fine
- 1 dash of red pepper just for some heat
- Olive oil to saute
- In a large pan, heat the oil. Add the garlic and shallot and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the beans, drained but not rinsed. Add the seasoning and saute on medium high until cooked through, about 5 minutes. If too dry, add some broth, white wine or water just to deglaze the pan, Serve.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.