Salame Dolce Recipe
I’m pretty sure this is a Tuscan recipe. It’s essentially a log of chocolate with crushed white cookies in it, sliced to look like salame. The white cookies in contrast to the chocolate looks just like the coarsely chopped white fat against the dark pink meat in a salame toscano. Buon Appetito!
- side note: this recipe involves eating raw eggs, i feel better about this if i can get them right from the farm, if not right from the chicken
- 500 grams of white cookies, crushed (like oro saiwa if you can find them)
- 250 grams (1 1/8 cup) white sugar
- 100 grams (about a 1/2 cup) of butter
- 125 (about 1 cup) bitter unsweetened cocoa powder
- 125 (about 1 cup) sweetened cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 glass of vin santo (sweet port or sherry can work too)
- A bit of icing sugar
- Beat the yolks with the sugar and add the cocoa, butter, sin santo
- When it’s mixed, add the crushed cookies
- Mix them in well, make into the form of a salame and roll it up in aluminum foil
- Let it chill for a few hours, remove it from the foil and if you want, dust it with the icing sugar to make it look like the outside of a salame. Slice it like salame, eat it with espresso.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.