BaconSalt Chocolate Recipe
Vosges Chocolate came out with “Mo’s Bacon Bar”, but it’s expensive! Selfridges here in London had some but sold out in 2 days at 6 pounds for a 3-ounce bar! Knowing my love for bacon, my wife formulated her own recipe -and it’s great!
- 2 Chocolate Bars (4 oz or 100 gms)
- 3 rounded teaspoons of BaconSalt
- Break up the bars of chocolate and melt them gently over a bowl placed on top of a pan of steaming water (the bowl should not be in direct contact with the water). Heat slowly until melted, but be careful not to let the chocolate burn.
- Stir in the BaconSalt thoroughly, then pour out into a shallow dish lined with greaseproof paper (makes it easier to remove your Bacon Bar from the dish!). Refrigerate for around half an hour until the chocolate sets. Eat!
- (BaconSalt is available from many stores in USA/Canada or from the makers of the same name. In UK/Europe it is available mail-order from Crazy4Flavour).
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.