This is my re-recreation of a dish I once sampled as part of a tasting panel. It is a hearty entree that is simple to prepare on a weeknight.
- 1Preheat a 4 qt Dutch oven or chef’s pan on medium high.
- 2Add lamb, breaking up thoroughly with a wooden spoon. Sprinkle with garlic powder. When bottom is well-browned, stir to brown other side and keep stirring until meat is evenly brown.
- 1Add onion and mix. Lower heat to medium-low, cook 5 minutes until onion is soft, stirring occasionally. Add spinach, tomato paste, tomato soup, and ketchup, stirring to blend well. Cook 5 minutes.
- 1Cut cream cheese into cubes and stir into lamb mixture until thoroughly melted and blended. Taste for seasoning, adding as necessary, including optional vinegar and oil.
- 1Stir the cooked noodles into the mixture to coat evenly and thoroughly. Turn off the heat, cover, and let sit for 10 minutes to meld flavors.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.